Sunday, July 15, 2007

"where does the film go?"

i am feeling a little frustrated lately. unless i develope a love affair with my scanner to get all of my older photos onto my computer i can't send pictures or post pictures via my computer. developing a love affair with my scanner?? ain't gonna' happen in this lifetime. it hates me.

what do i do with all of my negatives in regards to my computer? is there a service that will take my negatives and scan/transfer them onto a CD so i can get them onto my computer? as a scrapbooker having my pictures on my computer makes my life so much easier.

sometimes i hate technology!!

those of you who had children after you had became a scrapbooker are so fortunate. even becoming a scrapper within the first few years of your child's life is a blessing. my pictures of bailey are horrible for the most part. there aren't enough of them, a lot of them are off center, are not in focus, and i think when we moved one time i pitched all the negatives!! OMG the horror! what the f**k was i thinking? i know that without a doubt the memories are there in my mind but the visual aspect isn't. it is all going to be a diary-type of scrapbook. that will be a challenge.

on a positive note i have actually been scrapbooking! once i opened the store scrapbooking for myself went right out the window. i took a class from Karen Russell at Scrapbook Fever a while back and we did 2 layouts. i actually finished both of them...pictures and all. that has never happened to me. usually i start it and then put the kit all back in the bag and swear i will finish it at home. never happens. but THIS time i finished them in class. she inspires me. i needed someone to kick me in the ass to get my mojo going. plus my friend, anne, who forces me to go to all-day crops and talk about curtains. i have been finishing LOs there, too. i will admit it is hard packing up stuff and going some where else to crop but i am starting to think that it might be a good thing. i have too many options here at home and i waste a lot of time looking for something to use. i think i get overwhelmed. at a crop i have to work with what i brought. the only thing i pick out is cardstock. of course i buy other stuff for later. hee hee

i miss my girls and need to plan a crop for us. a pot-luck crop. pick dates girls...let's organize! talk amongst yourselves.

peace out.

4 comments:

anne said...

OMG I got to make an appearance on your blog?? I feel so important.

P.S. I wish MaryJane would have shut her curtains!!! :)

xoxo I had fun this weekend!

<3,
me

Angela said...

Whah! I want to crop too!

Maybe after the summer - I am jammed until September... :(

Angela

pballard said...

Hey,
Love to read your blog, I hope I can go with you next time to a scrap. I cant wait to show you my latest layout. What we are 10min away from one another. Lets get together. see you soon. Pam

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I wish I was your neighbor. :(