Monday, July 23, 2007

seperate bedrooms

Roberto and i have a problem. we are polar opposites when it comes to bedtime. get your mind out of the gutter.
  1. he likes it completely dark and i like to leave the bathroom light on.
  2. he likes just "white noise" and i like to fall asleep with the TV on.
  3. he hates having the cats sleep with us and i like it. (they sleep on my feet anyway)
  4. i like to watch TV until 1 or 2 in the morning while he listens to a book on tape. his way it is still completely dark.
  5. he likes the room to be an arctic while i prefer it a little warmer than that.
  6. he likes the door shut and i like it open (for the cats).

if we were in our 80's there would be no question...seperate bedrooms. but that is completely ridiculous now. neither of us would like that. it's funny how sleeping habits can change. his haven't really but mine are no where near the same. i have never liked a completely dark room but the rest of 'his way' was fine.

in the last 6-9 months i am like a different person. i have become totally OCD on the way i sleep. 3 pillows: one flat down, one foam core one that kind of stands up so i can rest my head on it, and the last one bridges the gap between the two. i sleep with a down comforter and at my feet i lay a blanket across for the cats to sleep on. then under the comforter on either side of me, at my hips are my dogs. jack on the left and bug on the right (that's their choice, not mine. talk about OCD). oh, and my 2 remotes lay on my lap.

i wonder what is on the horizon? scary.

peace out.

No comments: