Monday, July 16, 2007

totally feeling old

one of my oldest friends, Dana, is turning 37 tomorrow and we are the same age. that's not what's really making me feel old. she finally got herself a new car...with a CD player! i know, big deal, we all have a CD player. none of her cars ever have. she so deserves this. she has waited a long time and worked really hard. anyway, back to my story. i got her a gift card for the Salem Center Mall but my life-situation as it is, it isn't for very much. i have a TON of music on my computer. old, new, pop, rock, country, alternative, rap, and thanks to my son, a few 'screamo' songs. so i thought i would burn her a couple CDs for her car. the first one i burned is really cool. it's all women artists....Alanis Morissette, Avril Lavigne, Carrie Underwood, etc. the second one i burned was songs from high school-ish age. warning! never do this to yourself. i repeat never do this to yourself. here is what some of the Artists are:

  • A Flock of Seagulls
  • Andy Gibb
  • Bobby Brown
  • John Cougar
  • Kim Wilde
  • MC Hammer
  • Steve Perry
  • Tommy Tutone
  • Young MC
  • Vanilla Ice

so are you feeling my pain, gasping in horror, or rolling on the floor laughing? when i listen to some of these songs i flash back to a day, a time, a person, or even a phone call (how weird is that?). on one hand that is good but now these songs are making me feel OLD. i think in a race, feeling OLD is pulling ahead.

on to better things. guess what?? i signed up for a new Karen Russell class today called Snapshots of a Good Life. i am so, so excited. it is in Salem at Scrapbook Fever the first weekend in August. the project is a small album teaching you how to use those 'less than perfect' photos. the album has an easel on the back so it can be displayed. i think ALL of my friends should sign up for it. the cost is $45 and the class is 4 hours long. c'mon, you can do it!

peace out.

1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I did this last week too, after jamming to Ice Ice Baby in the car. It's a playlist on my iPod now.