Sunday, July 22, 2007

not my Mom's Sunday's

i remember a spotless house from the ritual of a good Saturday house clean. i remember a fresh baked dessert on the counter and the smell of a slow cooking meal filling up the house. i remember the sounds of Dad's crap-TV sounds in the background (football, Bonanza, Hee Haw, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers...that kind of crap). i remember Mom coming back from the grocery store. i remember her sitting in the living room reading a book. i love these memories.

....not at my house!!

my house isn't spotless (it's not a disaster but not like Mom's). there's a bag of Oreo's in the cupboard and i haven't come close to figuring out what's for dinner and don't think it will be very spectacular. i still have the sounds of crap coming from the TV but they are caused by my son and they include Futurama, South Park, and Family Guy. i haven't went to the grocery store in about 5 days and will probably send Roberto to 7-11 later for bread and milk. i don't own a book and will sit here in front of the computer for hours if you let me. these are the memories that i am making now.

what a difference 25 years makes. funny thing is, what was going on at Mom's house then still goes on there now. the only interuption is when they travel. i wonder if my life will stay so similiar? my parents will be married 39 years on this Wednesday. if my life stays the same as their's has then it will be perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susanne,
It brought back memories thinking of my weekends at home 25yrs ago. Made me smile. Good Job on your schooling. So proud of you. love the blog. So cool. Talk to you soon. Pam