Thursday, October 30, 2008

**sometimes it's too surreal**

i'm now the mom of a son with a permit who is relentless about taking him driving.
i'm now the mom who is having to order the cap, gown, and graduation announcments.
i'm now the mom who regulary talks to her daughter about college.
i'm now the mom relinquishing more & more control of my kids' lives to them.
i'm the mom who loves her kids more than ever.


last saturday the kids and i went to a friends' halloween party. anne came over and did my hair and make-up. she took some pictures for us before we left. she tried to get me to make some 'in character' faces for the camera but i think i just look like a dork.

i like the picture she took of me and my girl.


i thought the girls' costumes were great. now, i will admit that i didn't know who becky was supposed to be. she was 'miss scarlet in the library with a candlestick' from the game Clue. it's obvious that i have never played that game.


a picture of me and my sweet friend anne.



bailey and her friends are headed to a corn maze in salem and cj is going to the west game so guess who gets to play with the lil' trick-or-treaters?? me!! yay!



peace.

5 comments:

{marie} said...

you look smokin' hot in that first picture! holy smokes girl!

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Check you out! Your costume looks great!

Mrs Anne said...

You're kids are great!

It was fun to help you get ready!

I think the pictures turned out cute!

I hope you have a happy halloween! Maybe see you Sunday??

xo,
me

Anonymous said...

Hi there. You looked great! Glad you had a great time. You are a great mom. You are doing an amazing job! Wonderful kids. love ya Pam

Missy said...

I love your costume!
Yes, scary that our kids are growing up and gaining so much independence. Makes me feel like the pumpkin in the last picture!