Thursday, November 06, 2008

**sweetnees and sleepyheads**

look what i found! i absolutely love this kitchen!!

sweetness


why is it so hard to wake my son up in the morning? i stand at the foot of his bed and talk nicely..."cj, it's time to get up", "cj, you need to get in the shower" , "cj, you are going to be late". if i start to get pissy or get a "tone" to my voice he wigs and we start off the day in such a pleasant manner. i swear it takes me about 15 minutes to finally get that kid in the shower.

i use to wake bailey up as well but she was easy to get up. open the door, turn on the light, "bailey, it's time to get up", and that was it. i then got her an alarm clock because sometimes mom (that's me...bad mom) might over sleep a little (no, not mom) and then she would be late.

but cj? nope. i have to throw the dogs on him to irritate him, turn his light on, flick his toes, and push on the bed with my knees to move the mattress around to bug him. drives me nuts. if he would just get up when i go in there i could let him sleep for an additional 15 minutes.

here's to hoping it will be better next year when he drives and doesn't have to worry about missing the bus.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning.
I so remember those days of stirring the kids in the mornings. Thank goodness Noah gets up for work much easier than school. I love that blog, I have it on my favorites. I wish my house looked that good. No matter how hard I try it never does. Hope all is well with you. Write when you can. Did you get my last long email to you? Miss ya! Getting ready for Jordan's birthday on Saturday. Pam

SplendidlyImperfect said...

My husband will be 35 next month and he's still that hard to wake up!

Mrs Anne said...

CJ and Bailey are complete opposites!

He's a typical boy... my brother was the same way... he'll grow out of it... hopefully, right?

:)

heart you little mama!

Missy said...

Teenagers..........you gotta love'em.