Saturday, December 22, 2007

20 days???

that's how long it's been since i have posted? wow...talk about time flying. i have been pretty wrapped up in school and keeping my head above the water. oh, wait, isn't it Christmas, too? that always helps push the days by faster and faster. just too much to do.

i only have 3 secret santa gifts to buy for and shopping for Roberto. the only reason i haven't shopped for him is because i just finally got him to give me his list THIS MORNING!! now i just have to wrap it all. i kind of like that part. seeing the presents pile up under the tree. knowing that my kids will open each one and be happy to see what it is. that fills my heart that i made them happy. i know that is materialistic but when they are 14 and 16 and living in the world of "today" i will take what i can get.

i am a huge blog reader and this time of year is the best!! i have gotten so many recipes it is insane!! i could go broke buying all the ingredients to make them all. plus i would be handing out food to every Tom-Dick-and-Harry that walked by.

one of my favorite blogs is Donna Downey's. i get so much inspiration from her. she put a link on her site from someone who inspired her. Suzi Blu This picture just spoke to me. i love her art. i have been finding a lot of whimsy art like this from different artists and i wish that i could buy a bunch of them, frame them all, and make a wall of them in my scrap room.



















i am glad that Thursday was the kids' last day of school. i like having the kids home for Christmas vacation. call me crazy but it makes it feel like "home" when we are all here. though i will tell you that little Miss Bailey is running around in her car like if she doesn't put 10,000 miles on it before the end of 2007 it is going to turn back into a pumpkin. she came into my office 2 days ago and tells me that they are going to the movies. i said "what did you say" and she repeated herself. i repeated myself. lightbulb moment for her "CAN i go to the movie?" i told her that just because she has a car it doesn't mean that she gets to do what she wants when she wants. she still has to ASK. did i mention that she is 16?? help me when CJ gets to 16!!

Roberto is loving, loving his job!! it is a strange adjustment for us though. he doesn't leave for work until about 8:20am and gets home at 6:30ish depending on traffic. that puts dinner a lot later than we are used to. it works well for him because he is not a morning person so getting to leave for work a little bit later is good for him.

well, i thought i would share my favorite Christmas decoration of my home. NO ONE gets to touch it. i put it up and i take it down. it is from Pottery Barn and you can bet i am the only one in this family that understands what that means. LOL i still need to get some kind of xmas decoration for the mirror and take the foliage garland that i have there down but i haven't found anything that strikes me yet.

















i purchased this set of 3 snowmen a couple years ago at Costco. they bend so you can position them anyway you want. again with the 14 year old boy. this is what i get:



















and then there is the not-so-nice of a gestering snowman:























and last but definately not least the snowman that is taking a dump. CJ is very into detail. he is sitting on a container of 'chocolate' frosting and reading a newspaper.
























Merry Christmas!

Peace.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you posted as I have nothing better to do then check it everyday. love the snowman. Isnt it crazy how old the kids are getting. I realized this morning that this is the 23rd Christmas that Doug and I have shared. I am starting to feel old in my young age. Well off to work. Have a nice Christmas and hope to see you very soon. hugs Pam

Anonymous said...

So glad you posted...You have been in my thoughts the last few weeks (or should I say, the last 20 days). Merry Christmas to you and your family. I am so glad things are going better for you. I would love to get together in the new year and make it a habit!! Love ya (doodley, doodley, doo....)

SplendidlyImperfect said...

You're worth the wait. Heck, the rude snowman made it worth the wait! Hope you had a fantastic holiday. I'm not too far from you right now, just south of Seattle in Auburn! It's COLD and WET up here!!!