Tuesday, October 02, 2007

a weird thing happened today

i got a job. nothing earth-shattering. no big bucks. just a punch-in-punch-out job at The Wine Depot in downtown Albany. i am torn as to how i feel about it. i should be doing transcription work by now but because i have been having a hard time learning the material and dragging my feet working on it i am forced to make money somewhere else while i finish the course.

i am nervous about working for someone else. what if i screw up? i don't like to get into trouble or be yelled at (though the owner that interviewed my was so lovely) so i don't think "yelling" will be that often. i will be working with the public taking their orders or actually making their order. so, i either over charge them or f*ck up their sandwich! geez.

...and, a small part of me, and i mean small, is looking forward to getting out of the house. i can't go out and about like i used to since i don't have any money so this is what i can do....and make money at it.

i start next week. i am testing the waters for a couple days and then will get my food handlers permit and my liquors license. fun. my hours are good though. 8-3 M-F. not bad. no weekends is great. being home shortly after the kids get home is even better.

well, i have to go serve up dinner and hit the books but i will leave you with a picture of my daughter and her "posse".















peace.




4 comments:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

Good luck with your job. I know what you mean, I don't like that aspect of having to work either, or even worse, having to deal with the ineptitude of others. Staying home is easier, but it does get old. And you're right, the money is nice!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mama!

You'll do great! AND I'll come in and grab a sammich from ya!

:) xoxo,
A

Anonymous said...

I replied to your email but I will say it again. Congrats. What a perfect schedule. You couldnt of done much better than that. Talk to you soon. Pam

Michelle said...

So glad you found something with such a great schedule...and I highly doubt you will f it up...you do very well with customer service...I know firsthand! I will come in for lunch soon :]